Car Insurance for New Jersey with Personal Service
Marianne Speakman and the Speakman Agency saved me a significant amount of money on my Auto Insurance with broader coverages. She thoroughly reviewed my policy and was able to place my cars with another reputable carrier thereby giving me the annual savings - Denise Inskip-Seale, Piscataway NJ More Reviews
The Speakman Agency takes the time to review your auto insurance with you. Can you purchase auto insurance online through direct writers? Sure you can, but when you are not in the industry you are not aware of the options and how some of the coverage's you choose impact you at the time of an accident. We explain the options available to you giving you the ability to make an educated decision.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy. Auto insurance provides property, liability, and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policies, and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in Speakman Agency, LLC. We work with multiple A+ rated carriers to bring you car insurance to fit your need and budget. With over 35 years experience Speakman Agency is the premier insurance agency serving the great state of New Jersey. Feel free to call our office at 732-259-7816 to speak to one of our insurance professionals or you can email your questions and an agent will reply promptly.