Skip to main content

What type of insurance do independent or general contractors need?

By August 10, 2023August 14th, 2023No Comments

Calling all Contractors Subcontractors Independent Contractors. The Speakman Agency takes care of all types of contractors on a daily basis. Often I will receive a call from someone just starting out in business. They often state “I just need liability insurance.”  The language tells the story. Whether you are a General contractor or independent contractor which means a subcontractor, insurance in New Jersey can become confusing.  At the Speakman Agency, we LOVE contractors.  We UNDERSTAND CONTRACTORS and we keep it simple. We write insurance for single subcontractors to larger contractors with multiple employees and subcontractors.

The key is to provide what is best for the risk. General Liability insurance which often contractors need in order to be accepted for a job. Specific indemnification requirements, as well as additional insured endorsements, are required by most contracts. Speakman Agency partners with Selective Insurance to provide the necessary endorsements.

Types of coverage that contractors need to consider:

  • Per project aggregate
  • Primary Non-contributory coverage
  • Builders Risk
  • Contractors’ Professional Liability
    • Equipment & Tool Coverage
    • Commercial Auto
    • Workers Compensation

Contact Speakman Agency for a quote today. We make it simple. Learn more about contractor insurance here.